Monday, June 6, 2011

Are E-cig healthy?

In short yes they are compared to traditional cigarette smoke with 1000+ chemicals and ingredients however with E-cigs they only contain a hand full of ingredients.

Main ingredient PG(propylene glycol) this is also used in tradtional cigarettes but in a much higher dose surprisingly it is also added to food colorings and flavorings because of its sweet flavor. The potential for long-term oral toxicity of pg is low. In one study, rats were provided with feed containing as much as 5% PG over a period of 104 weeks they showed no apparent ill effects.

VG(vegetable glycol) used to make the vapor production and to give a satisfying throat hit . This usually makes up about 20-30% of the E-juice this is pretty much the as safe as pg  it used as a substitute for people who are allergic to pg. There are some E-juices that are 100% VG.

Flavorings people use a lot of differnt flavorings most just use loran oils or alcohol based products.

Sweetener they use Ethyl Maltol(most popular), plain sugar, or sucrose.


6 comments:

  1. i don't smoke, but i need to tell my brother who is trying to quit smokeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many choices, like browsing for aromatheraphy oils in big stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now i feel like smoking one XD
    thanks for the info, I'll pass it on to my smoking friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The price of e-cigs has really come down lately. I used these to quit smoking. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This might just make me start smoking. If it's healthy, there is no reason not to smoke e-cigs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually had one of these, I really liked it and it actually helped me quit smoking all together for a little while even after I stopped using it. One drag effected me like a full cig and I didn't "need" it very often. Plus, people freak out and think its so awesome when you break one out in the smoking group lol

    ReplyDelete